The Lady Den

Monday, November 21, 2005

A little T.V. lovin'

posted by <3Mara

Now, this may sound ridiculous. Wait, what am I saying? I know it will. Regardless, I'm not afraid to admit that I'm in love with the Real World Austin:



These little buggers are a real motley crew, a jolly lot!

Anyway, I love them for several reasons, but all of the reasons really boil down to one thing:

They're ridiculous people.

Now, I've watched these kids for the whole season. I've seen how they fight; I've seen how they've played; and I've seen how they've just sat around all day doing nothing. Okay, okay, okay. To be fair, MTV does edit the Real World to show exactly what they want to show. I think they basically decide even before casting how they're going to edit the tapes to exaggerate only one side of each person's personality. Well, they've done very well this season. I truly realized the beauty after the episode where Rachel called out Lacey for always talking shit behind one another's backs. They edited in Wes's prior predications of how Lacey would react during the confrontation, and she did exactly as he said she would. Beautiful.

Anyway, my point is that although I don't know them in real life, I feel like I have a good idea of the people they are. Ridiculous-type people...and the following:

**Melinda : Real Wisconsin like. Lets Danny play with her body and mind.
**Lacey: Hipster gone over the edge. Unique but not unique, crazy but not crazy. You understand.
**Danny: Needs some professional help with anger management.
**Rachel: Dates a man who sends ice cream in the mail. That explains it all.
**Nehemiah: Thinks he's really smart and world-weary but says the same crap you find in Chicken Soup for the Soul.
**Johanna: Fabulous. Could be my friend in real life minus Leo. He'd be mine.
**Wes: The epitome of a Real World character but realizes it. One lazy son-of-a-bitch.

All in all, regardless of how irresponsible these kids are, they're a fun crowd. Their exceptional typicality is lovely. It keeps me interested for hours on end. I OnDemand episodes when I miss them and look forward to the next ones.

Therefore, when the very last episode airs next week, I will be sad. I might even cry. But I cry easily, so it's basically a given. The point is that I want to thank MTV for this viewing pleasure. It's an end of an era for me. Never before have I ever seen a full Real World season while it was airing and never will I see one again. This was my year to take off from school and treat myself to things like this. I'm glad it was made all the more ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home