The Lady Den

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thursday afternoon thoughts

by colleen o'd m.

Ok, so do we all remember a time when we didn't have jobs and went to class for a limited period of time and would spend afternoons in our pjs watching MTV reruns or E! True Hollywood stories? I certainly do. When I first started working I was happy not to have that depressing down time that only reminds me that I will never have as much money as Paris Hilton and probably spend to much time analysing nobodies on the Real World.

However, the opposite is true. I still watch the Real World and am hoping for a spin off involving Danny and Melinda's codependency train wreck of a marriage, or at least the wedding stuff. I still won't have as much money as Paris Hilton... and now I work for money, so it's more depressing. I don't like to call my friends when I am under any sort of pressure, so I would disappear for weeks at a time during finals. It initially stopped when I started working, but the problem now... I have NOTHING to talk about. I'm alone at my desk for so long every day. I can read the news, and read emails from the Lady Den girls, and have the occasional giggle or make the occasional observation. With time it is just getting worse and worse. Pretty soon I'll be that person that can only make work related jokes. Like, ole JP Morgan at it again... none of my friends will know what that means (I don't know what that means). And I'm supposed to find a man with this personality? Yeah, that's not happening... so, now I'm going to be single forever... I don't even have the chance to have kids to talk about. It wouldn't even be as bad if I was the "Little Timmy ate a whole bowl of cereal today using his fingers". I don't even have that to look forward to talking about. I think we can all safely say that every office has that one person who eats, sleeps and dreams their jobs. Do you think it is because they really love it, or they just ran out of other stuff to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home